Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Search Continues

I’m feeling a little blue. I got two separate rejection notices from the same company, and I felt like emailing them back, “Okay I get it, you don’t frekin’ want me. You can stop rubbing it in any day now.” I’ve decided to try and move around within The Company for the time being. I am going to continue my external job search, but if I can at least move into a different department maybe things won’t seem so bad. I’m just more burnt out than a dead light bulb. I need me some change, and so I really applied for one job, but that posting had been up since 3/2 and probably isn’t available anymore. There’s another department that I am well suited for that is desperately in need of 2 people and will need a 3rd before the end of the summer, so I talked with the lead over there, and she’s going to talk to her manager for me. She was excited about me moving over with them, largely because I wouldn’t require as much training as a new hire.

I haven’t talked about it with my manager yet, by which I mean my boss’s boss’s boss. In the past he has said that he would help me get any job that I saw that I wanted, but I’m scared that it’s a lie. What if I tell him that I want to move and then he makes it harder? I know, I need to suck it up and talk to him. It’s hard because he’s always busy and rarely in his office. It makes it really easy to avoid the situation. The ironic part is that his office is directly across the hall from mine…. Okay, next time I see him and he isn’t on the phone or talking to someone else I’ll tell him. What’s really the worst thing that is likely to happen? There are horrible retaliatory things that could be done, but most likely either I get to move or everything stays the same. Okay, I’m ready. I can do this.

No comments: