Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bed Head

I have bad hair today. It’s almost big enough to be considered 80’s hair. See, I decided that in order to expedite myself to work this morning that I would wash my hair at night. Not having to wash my hair in the AM would shave several minutes off the getting ready time. The only problem is that I got caught up in sock knitting* last night. I know, it doesn’t sound that exciting, but the prospect of project completion makes it hard to put down. Anyway, the whole point is that I didn’t take a shower until 10:30 at night, and didn’t finish the getting into pjs and teeth scrubbing until 11. So I went to sleep with wet hair. My hair doesn’t normally have a whole lot of body, but something about rubbing it all over my pillow as it dries seems to do unholy things to it. It’s soft and untangled, but it looks a fright. People better get used to me having scary hair, because it’s probably going to keep happening. :)

*I started knitting a pair of socks on the way to Fredricksburg, but only managed to knit the toe. On the way back it was dark, and I didn’t want to strain my eyes, so I started knitting the foot on Saturday. I finished the first sock of the pair last night, and Jeff says that they are his favorite I’ve knit so far. I followed sock knitting rule #1 and cast on for the second sock immediately, but that’s it. I’ll start the knitting of it during lunch or on the way home today. I’m digging this yarn. The yarn is a bit thicker than my “real” sock yarn, but it’s not so thick that they feel awkward on my feet. Still it makes the knitting go faster, and that’s always a good thing. I’ve actually offered to knit Jeff a pair of socks out of this weight of yarn, if he goes and picks some out. I don’t think he’d like the same pattern though, it’s a little girly.

No comments: