I suppose that it’s time for a sock update. It turns out that the initial sock was too large so I ripped back to the toe. I’m just cool enough that I was able to salvage the toe work so that I didn’t have to start completely over. I only removed 4 stitches from the total, but it fits so much better it’s kind of freaky. 4 stitches is slightly over half an inch, but still.
Anyway so knit knit knit, I worked my way to the heel and I got lost. I didn’t know what to do on the heel so I did something totally jacked up. He wanted an hourglass heel, you know, where there is a like a line that goes diagonally toward the top of your foot from the tip of your heel on both sides of the sock. It’s okay, go ahead and look at your sock, if you have this type of heel you’ll know what I’m talking about. I didn’t knit that type of heel though, I made a kind of weird boxy flap heel that doesn’t have this diagonal line, and to make things worse since I was winging it the damn thing was long enough to fit his foot, but the back of the heel was half as tall as it should have been.
Yeah, I had to rip back some more. I tore out all the heel work that I had done and went back to the sock being 7.5 inches long. I’m now really working on a sock that will have an hourglass heel. If my suspicions are correct then I will be able to do the first stage of the heel until it is the length of his foot and then move to phase two and it should fit perfectly…. Man I hope that I’m right this time. I really don’t want to have to tear out more rows.
Okay, I’m going to get back to work on this sock. Talk to ya later.