Wednesday, April 18, 2007

In Which I Elaborate

So I briefly mentioned yesterday that we rearranged the living room. I think I’m going to be much happier with the setup. We still need to finish putting the gaming systems back together, but after working on the room for about 3 hours yesterday, we decided that we were done. (That’s when we set up the Wii.) I’d try to describe it, but I’m not great at that sort of thing. It was quite a chore to figure out how we could move things around and still fit all the furniture in the room without blocking the path from the front door to the rest of the house.

The Wii was Jeff’s belated Christmas/birthday present. It’s something that we both wanted, and I suppose it’s technically his, but since I got Zelda for Christmas I’m probably going to be the primary user for the time being. I played a little bit last night, but I was responsible and stopped at 10:30 so that I could still get a good night’s sleep. Is that one of the signs that I’m “old” now? I think that this might be the first time I’ve ever been able to stop playing a new game before I was falling asleep sitting up. Although, I also stopped because I was frustrated with a stupid jump that I wasn’t being able to make. I’m hoping that it’s easier when I’m not all tired, but we’ll have to wait and see.

For party time fun we have Wii Sports and Wii Play, which amounts to I think around 15 different games for people to choose from. Jeff and I played some tennis last night, before he ran off to WoW and I started up Zelda. It gets really old to see a big ol’ YOU LOSE on the screen. So either I need to get better at tennis, or we need to play a sport that I can win. We may have to move the dining room table out of the living room during my party though. You need a decent amount of space around you to play, especially with any sort of liquor flowing. It wouldn’t be a good idea to have spectators sitting on the couch right behind the players. Man, I hope nobody gets a Wii related injury at my birthday party, that would be sad. People won’t want to come back if I give out black eyes as party favors. (Evite is in progress, and will go out soon. The party is going to be on April 28th, so you can pencil me in ahead of time.)

Despite the fact that I went to bed at a reasonable time, I almost didn’t get up for work today. My brain almost sabotaged my efforts at punctuality. It’s all because of these 3 day weekends that we’ve been getting lately. When my alarm went off my brain remembered that I had Friday off, and that I didn’t have to get up. Luckily I didn’t turn off the alarm, I only hit the snooze button. The rest of my brain kicked in a few minutes later and I remembered that although that it is true that I don’t have to work this Friday, it is not Friday today, and I did need to get up for work. I clocked in at exactly 7 am, so no harm done.

No comments: