Sunday, April 15, 2007

Knit Heavy Post

I completed my Mini-Market Entrelac tote on April 1st (kind of). I still need to felt it, and I may get to that this afternoon. But there haven't been enough knitting pictures on me blog lately, so I'm going to show you this baby as it stands right now. It's currently big enough to look like a ridiculous hat on my head. There's a shot of it from the side, and one to show the detail of the bottom. It's a shame that what I think is the most beautiful part of the pattern is on the butt of the purse. Oh well. At least a potential mugger will see something pretty as I smack him/her in the face with it.

I also finished my Fredricksburg socks this past Friday. This free pattern came from the DIY network show Knitty Gritty (episode DKNG-803). The designer is Cookie A and you can check out her store or the blog that she co-authors, if you are so inclined. I did make a small alteration to the pattern, because I wanted to make the socks taller. I worked a few increases into the side of the sock to make it wider to accommodate my calf. If you look up toward the cuff you'll see a V-Shape, and that's where the extra stitches were inserted. The pattern would have ended prior to that, leaving with a straight side seam and shorter sock. I'm quite pleased with how these turned out. I got to use a slightly thicker yarn than I typically use for socks, and that made it faster to knit (bigger yarn = fewer stitches).
Okay that's enough internets for now. I'm going to go play before I end up spending my entire Sunday at the computer.

No comments: