Tuesday, April 3, 2007

No More 9 to 5

Well it finally happened. I knew that it was coming, but I kept my head down and tried to stay under the radar. My manager finally figured out that there really isn’t a good reason for me to work my off hours anymore. Starting next week they want me to work a “real” first shift. I’ll be working from 7am to 3pm. It’s dreadfully early, and I’m not looking forward to my alarm going off at 6am, but on the other hand I won’t have any traffic to speak of. The real bummer is that I won’t be able to carpool with Jeff anymore. Most of his calls don’t start until 9 or 10 in the morning, and it would be difficult for him to be done by 2:30 in the afternoon reliably. We might still do it once in a while, but we’re going to have to buckle down and get his car fixed this weekend. He made some progress yesterday, but it’s still in pieces. Maybe with me hovering over him while he works it’ll happen faster. I hope we have nice weather again. *crosses fingers*

1 comment:

Julie said...

On the plus side, you can use that afternoon time for all the interviews I'm sure you'll be getting any second!