Thursday, March 15, 2007

Where to Party

Jeff is considering not having a birthday party at our place this year. His reasoning is sound. Jeff always feels the need to prepare fancy/complicated food, and a lot of it. He wants his birthday party to be something special, not just for himself, but also for his guests. This year he wants to chill out and enjoy himself instead of sweating the night away in the kitchen and at the grill. He is considering having a birthday celebration get together at Opal’s instead. I suppose that’s okay, but it’s not really my thing. I mean, I’ll be going to his birthday deal, although I suppose that means I don’t get to drink. Wouldn’t really be fair to make the old man be his own designated driver, would it?

I’ll be having my party at our house. I prefer it in every way, except for the clean up. I like people being able to bring their own drinks instead of ordering from the bar. If I (or Jeff) make all the food then I know it was made the way that I enjoy it, and not how someone else thinks it should be. If I want to take my shoes off I don’t have to walk in a public area in my bare feet or socks. There’s the matter of being able to control the music playing and bust out a video game when the time is right. I also like the fact that I can get as hammered as I want in my house, because I don’t have to drive anywhere. The piles of dirty plates and glasses the next morning is always a little daunting, but I think that it’s worth it. Maybe I’ll feel different when I’m as old as he is. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not to mention the "Guitar Hero." Woohoo!