Friday, March 16, 2007

Is This Progress?

I must have done something right in order to warrant a personal rejection. I’ve been applying to all sorts of positions that I don’t technically have the right background for, but that I’m pretty damn sure I could handle. Today when I opened my gmail I saw:

“Dear Ms. DuBose,
Thank you for interest. At this point we are only considering experienced candidates who have worked as an Escrow Assistant for 2- 3 years.
Best of Luck in Your Job Search
Sincerely,
Douglas Plummer Managing Director"

Somehow this feels like progress, even though I’m really no closer to having a new job than I was before Doug here rejected me. I suppose it validates my attempts by implying that at least one person actually read what I submitted. It doesn’t do anything to eliminate my fear that The Company* has contaminated me and no other employer will ever hire me again, but I still feel better than I did yesterday about my job search. Hell, a complete stranger wished me luck, that’s got to help, right?

*Last year The Company actually published instructions on how we are not supposed to blog about The Company, because our behavior on the internets may reflect poorly on said company.

No comments: