Saturday, March 15, 2008

Zombies in Springtime

Here's the pair in all their glory. I started my zombie socks on Mar 13th around 11am and finished Mar 15th just after 2pm. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. My apologies to anyone who received less than my full attention in the last couple of days, and to the cats who have all been shoved off my lap multiple times.

I know that there are at least 15 people in the world who knit this pair of socks faster than I did. I suspect that there were 20-25, but I don't know if I will be given that information for sure. If I find out I will pass it along.

I did have a really humorous set back this afternoon. Jeff and I were looking for shelving brackets. ... Well really Jeff was looking, and I was knitting while walking and trying not to knock things, other people, or myself over. Anyhoo, at some point I knit 6 rows and realized when I went to drop a stitch down (on purpose) that it wasn't there to drop. I had messed up the pattern six rows back. Bugger! Well, I pulled out my needles, unravelled a bit since there was no time to be tinking 6 whole rows, and carefully put the stitches back on the needles and took off knitting again.

I knit 12 more rows and decided I'd better make sure that I needed to do another 12 before starting them. I pulled out the first sock (finished yesterday around noonish) and compared. To my complete surprise I had already done 12 rows too many. I have no idea how I got off so badly in my estimation. But, if you'll think carefully on that story you'll see the true hilarity of it all.

When I ripped back 6 rows to fix a mistake, I ripped back to the point that I was done with the patterning and ready to knit a toe. Then I knit 12 more pattern rows, only to have to rip back to that same spot again. *slap forehead* Yeah, so I might be kind of quick in the knitting, but maybe not so much in the mental department.

Well the zombies are done, and now I'm going to get some lunch and take a small break from knitting. I will knit later today, but since I can, I'm going to take a few hours off.

No comments: