Tuesday, March 11, 2008

More Socks Than You Can Shake a Stick At

See, I've been making progress on Jeff's sock. I planned to keep on working tonight, and try to make the push onto the toe section. I swear, I really did mean for that to happen.

Then I found out that my sign-up had indeed gone through for Sock Madness 2. This is a crazy game where we get a pattern and race to get a pair of socks knit. You knit faster than the others and you are a winner. If you knit slower, then you are not a winner. Even if you bumped out you still get a pattern to play along with for each successive round. The best part is that it's free. The only real downside is that it starts on Thursday, and I didn't have any yarn ready.

I spent tonight knitting a swatch for yarn I already had to see if I changed needle size if I could get the required 8 sts/inch. I was successful, but it did keep me from making any real progress on Jeff's sock.

My yarn is wound into a cake, and my needles are ready for the competition. Tomorrow I will work on Jeff's Falling Leaves, and then put them aside again to knit more random socks. I am going to have to force myself to at the very least finish his first sock before I start the next STR sock. Otherwise he may never get them.

We were given the instruction that we should choose a solid or semi-solid (okay I didn't quite manage that) color that was "moody" or possibly "scary". I choose this dark blue/purple mix and I hope that it works out okay. I thought about using my red that I have, but I did just finish some red socks, so blue it is. What do you think?

No comments: