Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Faucus is More Like It

Forgive for I have been tired and cranky all day. I'm not sure there is anything that could be said or done that would not result in my growling at you today.
I am cranky because over the last 4 days I have been getting less and less sleep. In part a cause, and in part as a result, I am experiencing increasing neck pain; neck pain always fouls my temper.

Last night really was the final straw. Jeff and I went to the Democratic caucus for our precinct. While I appreciated the fact that it was held within walking distance of our home, it was a bone headed move to have it at the Post Office. That building is tiny and narrow, and funneling people through to sign in was just a cluster f*#^.
We didn't get home until 11:30 pm. That means that I was at the post office for around 4 and a half hours. That's never a good thing... and there wasn't even free pie or beer. There were issues of having to photocopy additional sign in sheets, and then them spending a couple of hours verifying that those who caucused were eligible to have signed in at our precinct.

The only thing keeping me from becoming some sort of vicious hell beast, is that I feel like our fighting through it made a differ
ence. We're both Obama supporters, and since Texas's system is all screwy, it's possible that our being part of the 60% caucusing for Obama in our precint last night will help him snag enough delegates to still net more delegates from Texas than Clinton does.

It's a strange feeling having what I do in Texas matter during a non-local/non-state election, but it's kind of cool.

Just for the record, we had around 360 people show up to caucus at the post office near Manchaca and Mathews. If you know the area, you know that those people didn't really fit. It was an interesting crowd, but I would have had more fun if we could have done it in half the time. Apparently the last Dem caucus there only drew around 16 folks.

Life was much simpler for the Republicans, but probably a lot less interesting.

Oh and Jeff is signed up to be a delegate, so we don't have to worry about him crashing the bridal shower. I leave you with a picture of me as I knit along trying not to stark raving mad in the face of a never ending night at the post office.

No comments: