Thursday, September 6, 2007

Not Good at All

I am ill. I woke up freezing last night around 4:30 am, and didn't get back to sleep until after 5. When the alarm went off at 6 I had a 100 degree fever. I also had aches in my muscles, joints, and a throbbing headache. I waited a while and slowly got ready for work. My fever started going down on its own so I took some ibuprofen and went in to work. I mostly felt okay. Around 1 ish I started feeling achy again, so I took a couple ibuprofen, and was doing pretty good after that. I continued to be a tiny bit achy, but nothing really whine worthy.

All of a sudden tonight around 8:30 I have another temperature of about 100. My torso is burning up and my hands and feet feel like ice cubes. I take two ibuprofen and over the next hour it climbed to 101. I just can't get it to go down. Finally, now 3 hours later, it's down to 100 again. I'm going to go chill in the living room (the coldest spot) and keep drinking fluids. Seeing as how it's almost midnight I don't think that I'll going to work tomorrow. Even if I don't have a fever anymore I'm not sure I'll be able to stay awake.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that this damn fever goes away and stays away. I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday, and I'd really hate to miss it.

No comments: