Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's Almost CO Time


I leave tomorrow after work to start the trek that begins my 1 week vacation in Colorado! I'm excited. We had so much fun last year, that I can't wait to do it again.

I haven't blogged in a bit, but I have uploaded some pics to the Flickr, so this post shall be about my last trip to Dallas. We got together to celebrate Bree and Iza's birthday.


Aren't they darling? Bree (my sis) is on the left and Iza (my step-mom) is on the right. After they went through all this effort to get dressed, my dad and sister Traci made them put on a couple of silly outfits. They each got a hat, a boa, a new pair of shoes, and a purse. Please forgive me if I'm leaving anything out.

Traci put on the flame hat, but then my dad got into the action. I can't believe I caught this picture of him. (And I can't believe that I'm still living since he knows I have this picture.) It's one of those pictures that happen so innocently, and you just have to have luck on your side. I believe that he had just eaten a chip, but I'm not certain. All I know is that I have a picture of my dad that... well we'll just let the picture do the talking, eh?

I mean, seriously, that's my dad!

I also have a few knitting pictures that I added. I didn't manage to get a picture of the ladies with their new knit wear, but they did seem to like them. I think I did well with the color choices.

This is a pattern called the Dream Swatch Head Scarf. It's also attractive when used as an actual scarf, and even as a belt. The pattern was written by Wendy Bernard, and she has a pdf of it freely available on the net. These were both made with Alcehemy Bamboo, but I failed to write down the colors.

Well, I better get cracking over here. I still have some laundry to do, and I need to get all packed up (including deciding on some travel knitting). I plan to drive home after work, grab my gear, grab the dog, snuggle the kittehs a bit, and then head out to Houston. I'll spend the night with my dad and step-mom, and Saturday afternoon I catch a flight for Colorado.

I may not speak with you for a bit, but know that you're in my thoughts, and that I'm probably having an awesome time. :)

No comments: