Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Crack That Whip

I am such a horrible task master. I’m constantly setting slightly unrealistic knitting timelines for myself. The lastest in this long string of escapades are the projects for my family’s June birthdays. Bree’s birthday is June 7th and Iza’s is on the 12th. I didn’t buy the yarn for their gifts until Friday the 1st. What’s even better is that I’ll be seeing them on Friday the 8th, so they kind of need to be done, and wrapped before I go to work on the 8th. Oops.

The good news for myself is that one is completely knat, and the second is ¼ of the way done. If I work real hard tonight then I should be able to finish the second one before I go to bed tomorrow. Of course I was thinking about asking Erin if she wanted to hang out on Wednesday, since it’s the only day this week that I don’t have stuff to do after work. Hm… I’ll just have to see what sort of length I can complete tonight. I measured it after my lunch break today and I’m just around 1 ft, with a goal of 4 ft total. If I get it to 3 feet tonight, then I think it will be safe to hang with Erin.

The bad news is that this afternoon I am heading off to an eye appointment for my Lasik Pre-Op exam. They are going to dilate the heck out of my eyes, and I’m not sure how long it will take to wear off. The one thing I do know is that I can’t risk knitting until it does wear off. This pattern is not easy enough for me to do by feel, and the last thing I need is to screw it up and have to try and undo a mess.

Of course there shall be no pictures of the birthday knits until they have been presented to the giftees. I mean, there’s always a chance they found this blog and might get a sneak peek. Can’t have that, can we? I do have pictures of previously completed projects that I should post though. I’ll try to work on that tonight, but no promises.

No comments: