Thursday, July 19, 2007

How's It Hanging?

So I've been doing my new job here at The Company since a little before my vacation and entirely since the after vacation, and boy howdy. I'm still here getting my arse handed to me regularly. It seems like everytime I think that I have a concept figured out there's a new twist to it that makes half the stuff that I already knew go kablooey. I guess I did say that I wanted more of a challenge, so I've got that at least.

All in all I'm having a good time. I definately enjoy my days here more than I was in my previous post. And slowly but surely my replacement is standing on her own two feet and keeping off my back. It was strange yesterday when I had some material to take back to the warehouse. I realized that it was the first time I had walked past my old co-workers since June 25th, I felt out of place, almost like I was trespassing.

I haven't been posting much because I'm busy all the time. I mean, I haven't even had time to finish my vacation posts. There will be more coming, but they will be back dated to go in line with the others. I have a Flickr album where I am loading the pictures from my trip in chunks, or at least I was before I took a week off from the computer. I'm literally so tired of looking at the computer by the time that I leave here that other than paying bills and checking my email twice I've stayed away from the computer at home. I also have a small issue in that my laptop needs a new video card fan (oops forgot to order that when I got home last night) that I need to order. Once Jeff hops on the WoW that means I have no computer access for the rest of the night. Still there will be more photos added. I'm really excited about the fireworks photos that I took, so I can't wait to get those up there.

We went and saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last week. My feelings go back and forth with it. There were some aspects that I really loved, like the visual style that was breath taking. I also had some issues with it. I think the most common complaint that you will find fans have with it is just that the beginning of the movie moves too quickly through plot points. Each point that had to be made gets a line or two of dialouge and it feels somewhat empty. Still, all in all I did enjoy the movie and I'm sure the next time I see it I'll like it even more. There's always little things that you miss the first time around.

I've also managed to re-read the last two books (5 & 6) in anticipation of book 7's release. I believe that it goes on sale this Friday at midnight (Saturday morning). As excited about reading it as I am, I can't say that I'm pleased that we'll be buying two copies. There's just no way that I can wait for Jeff to finish, and I also don't want to read it and not be able to talk about it in front of him until he gets a chance to read it. So we have to get two copies and that's just life.

Okay, I'm getting too far behind so I gotta go. Take care peoples.

No comments: