Thursday, January 31, 2008

Back to Normal

Well after two nights spent relaxing and enjoying the company of my friends, I am feeling much better. I don't know if I can honestly say that I'm not mad anymore, but I have kind of gotten past it. If I think about the situation I find that I haven't forgiven, and I'm still pretty irritated, but I have to think about it. It's not just in the front of my mind like it had been the rest of the week. We call that progress.

The downside is that now that I don't have that to obsess over, my brain is feeling free to return to the regularly scheduled stressing out. This morning I found myself thinking, "Why on earth did you goof off for two nights?!? You have so much s**t to do, and you're not even going to be in town this weekend!" I'm still glad that we did it. I needed the time off, and honestly something had to give or else I probably would have snapped.

So now I have too much to do again, but that's okay. We might even do some wedding work when we go out of town this weekend, so then all would not be lost. Meanwhile I'm trapped here at work and not able to really accomplish anything. It's really hard not to yell at people who expect me to think at work, "I don't care about the company; I have a wedding to plan, and only 2 1/2 months left before I'm officially out of time!" Somehow I'm controlling myself, and I'm counting down the days. Even if I don't get everything done before April 19th, once it's April 19th I'm done and I can take a vacation.

No comments: