Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Socks That Rock

Okay, that's a total lie up there. That title, that's what I mean. See it implies that I have socks, which would be more than one, and that it rocks, but it is in time out right now. I am knitting my first sock (see not two) of my first STR club pattern. The January color is called Dragon Dance, and the pattern is Serendipity.

The yarn is really cool in person, even if you won't believe me after you see the photos. I can't help it that my iPhone cannot photograph red for some reason. Here see this photo, it's not terrible, but the yarn is a deeper, darker red than that. I'm not normally a red person, but even I have to admit this yarn is cool. I'm digging the pattern too. It's not quite something that I can memorize, but it's simple enough that I can drink, watch tv, and still keep from screwing the pooch. Ew... that's such an awful saying, don't you think?

Anyway, apparently the thing that's a problem is if I try to knit this baby at work. I managed to knit away for quite a while before I discovered that I had done two of the same repeat. Those little pattern things alternate right and left, and it's cool. Only I did two lefties in a row so they didn't... oooo ... bad sock!!! You can see the details of this boo boo here. So I had to make some adjustments. I'm working on the re-knitting because this is not the most attractive way to have your knitting look. God that photo is neon.

Okay, so knitting is fun lalala. Here, I shall also show you my other works in progress. I've talked about this sweater before, so here's a peek at the purple. I've finally finished both sleeves, and I think I've done good. I've started working up the left front now. I started it, decided it was going to be too short, so I started over, and then I started knitting this sock. But that's not the point. The point is that I must now remember that both the back and the right front will need the added 20 rows to the pattern or that jacket will funky to the max. So let's hope that I remember.

I also have another sock on the needles that I started a while back for random knitting to and from work. I don't want to lug the sweater around because I constantly need to reference my pattern, and also I've buggered it up so many times that I like to give it my almost full attention. This sock needs no such attention. I'm just knitting away on it, or I will be some day. For now it languishing in a pretty little bag just waiting for me to run out of love for the STR. Speaking of which, it is time to get back to the knitting. I want it to look pretty again before I go to Ian's for beer.

You know, my friends are pretty cool. I got an invite earlier to go to Tim and Julie's for some beer tomorrow night, and then on the way home we got a call from Ian to come and have beer this night. Yes, I know I'm supposed to be on a diet, and I will be good except for those two times, but for now I just need some unwindin. I just thought you'd like to know how lucky I am.

No comments: