Thursday, January 24, 2008

What I've Been Up To

I was so excited last night that I was going to be able to post about finishing sleeve #2. I thought about all sorts of witty things that I might say. I considered knitty puns.... Then I found that I'd knit the second sleeve about 2.5 inches too short!?!

All the witty knitty things that I had to say flew out the window. I haven't got a clue what they might have been. I alternated between anger and despair as I ripped it back and began to knit again. I can't even blame this one on the written pattern, it was all me. I just stopped too soon.

If I knit tonight there should be a second sleeve. I got close last night, but it's slow going when you know you're just going to F it up again.

Wedding planning is coming along. We've settled on a photographer, put deposits down for the florist and the rentals. I bought shoes and got fitted for the alterations. This weekend we will bust out some registry stuff, and hopefully get someone lined up to do the actual marriage ceremony thing.

I'm trying not to freak out, but every step forward in the planning reveals a bazillion more to go that I hadn't seen before. On the bright side there are less than 3 months to go, so there's light at the end of the tunnel.

**edited to try and sort out some funny formatting business**

No comments: