Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tunes for My Pod

Today has been mercifully quiet here at work. Quiet in that I've been largely left alone to get stuff done. Most of this stuff has been work, although there has been some blogging and blog reading as well.

It has not been quiet in regards to the level of noise I've been exposed to. It seems like the tugger and fork lift traffic has been crazier than usual. Luckily I came prepared today. Over a year ago I was gifted an iTunes gift card, and since then I've acquired two others, and not used any of them. I happy to find that there was no silly expiration on them and I was able to redeem them this weekend. I finally sync'd my phone this morning, so I've been grooving to new (to me) music today.

One of the albums that I got was No, Virginia... from The Dresden Dolls. At the same time I had Jeff share his other albums with me (The Dresden Dolls, A is for Accident, and Yes, Virginia...) I haven't made it to A is for Accident yet, because it seems like live versions of songs that are largely on the other albums, it will be up in another 4 songs or so. I like what I've heard so far, and I'd like to get Amanda Palmer's solo project, Who Killed Amanda Palmer. I've watched some of the videos on her you tube page, and enjoyed the songs.

I also put other albums on here, not just The Dresden Dolls, I just haven't listened to them yet. I grabbed In the Aeroplane, Over the Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel, American Doll Posse by Tori Amos, No! by They Might Be Giants, and 12 Greatest Hits, Vol 2 from Neil Diamond. (Tim you need this album.)

I haven't technically listened to the Neil Diamond album yet, but I don't really have to. I grew up listening to this album, and I love it. The track list includes: Beautiful Noise, Hello Again, Forever in Blue Jeans, September Morn, Desiree, You Don't Bring Me Flowers, Longfellow Serenade, Love on the Rocks, and more. I don't even know what's on Vol 1, but these are my favorites, so I don't really care. Wow, just talking about it got me all excited that I have it now (used to borrow it from my dad) so it's on play. Sorry D. Dolls, I'll get back to you later.

What new music have you purchased lately, and did you like it? I've still got one more card to use, and I want to make it count.

No comments: