Thursday, June 26, 2008

More Yarn Pron

I got more prize yarn in the mail today. What a great yarn week! Such great stuff, and free, can't beat that can you? I mean you're not likely to find someone that's willing to pay you to take their yarn from them. Although if you do find someone, please tell me. That's a job I'd love to take.
This is Socks That Rock Lightweight in the Rare Gems colorway. Rare Gems is a "random" colorway made from left over dyes, or experiments, or from dying over an already dyed skein. This is one of the reasons why it's not purchasable online, too much work.

So here's some close-ups of some of the colors that are around the skein. There are lots of tealy variations in the yarn. Dark, light, bright, muted. It's like all the other colors are surrounded by a teal base.
I won this skein for correctly guessing the two colors used to knit a pair of socks for Tina (the BMFA dyer). We winners chose light or medium weight and then BOOM special coolass yarn. Isn't this purple neat?
I really like this side of the skein. It's so much brighter than the front. The bright green and orange really jump out at you.
I'm really curious what this is going to look like once it's wound into a ball, and again once it's knit up. I just haven't got a clue, but I think it will be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Sinny said...

That stuff is so lovely! I'm totally jealous, you realize. Can't wait to see what you do with it!