Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Gratuitous Kitten Shot

Dinah did her best tonight. I'm not sure which one of my knitting opponents bribed her, or what sort of kitty treat they offered, but Dinah was the cutest, cuddliest kitten tonight. She curled up next to me and kept rolling around so I would pet her belly or scratch behind her ears. Still, despite her efforts I did manage a decent amount of knitting.

Sock Madness round 2 has begun. I'm working both socks at the same time (though on different needles). I don't think it will make me any faster, but at least it will be really fast to finish the second one, once I finish the first, instead of having to start from the beginning on it. There are 56 rounds of chart for the leg, and I've done 24 on one and 12 on the other. 36 out of 112 is almost 1/3 the way through both legs. Considering that I didn't get started until 6pm, I'd call that not bad at all... except now I've stayed up too late and have to work tomorrow... and I still haven't told you about the awesome bridal shower. Maybe I can get that done at work tomorrow?

Here's where I stopped for the night, and I hope I can fall asleep quickly or tomorrow is going to really drag.
If I sleep half as good as a well snuggled kitten it'll be the best night's sleep I've had in months.

No comments: