Thursday, August 14, 2008

Knittering

I've been knitting away on my Socks that Rock July kit. This is the Gumdrop pattern, seen from the back of the leg. Those would be heels up at the top there. They look kind of funny from this angle, but it's the only photo I've got right now. [click photo for Ravelry page]
I've been feeling a bit out of sorts lately. I like knitting a lot, but I haven't really got anything that I want to be knitting. I adore this pattern, but I'm using needles that are a bit small I think, and that's making it less fun. I also have another sock to knit for Jeff, because I do like to make him actual pairs of socks. Not just random single socks. Of course by the September first I need to start a pair for my dad, for his birthday. Meanwhile I don't want to do any of these. Well I wouldn't mind starting the pair for my dad, but I'm sure I don't want to finish them, and I haven't settled on a pattern yet anyway.

I started a Sheldon and so far he's a head and body, no legs, no shell, no face. It's kind of sad, and I don't want to work on him at all. I have a sweater that I've been working on for a year, don't feel like picking it back up. There's a shawl that I think might be one of those things we never finish. Maybe I'll frog it and turn it into a jazzy scarf instead.

I don't know what to do with myself, so I'm still working on the Gumdrop socks. I'm also trying to read Watchmen, but I haven't been making the time for it. I should take it to Dallas this weekend, maybe I can finish it on the drive.

So that's why the no bloggy. Work's been kind of crazy and I think it's been hard to get it out of my head. I'm either worrying over something that I really don't care about, or I'm staring into space zoning out.

In other news, please let me know what Brocoflower tastes like ... if you know.

No comments: