Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Post Without a Title Still Smells as Sweet

I know I've been quiet for a while, even on Plurk I've missed some days, but you know sometimes you just get too busy to stop. My strawberry plant hasn't stopped though. It has started sprouting berries! The first picture is the first berry the first morning I spotted him.
Just two days later and it's starting to look more like a real strawberry. There are two other berries coming in just above the red one. So I've only got this one plant left out of 10, but at least it is doing really well. I'm proud of myself for at least keeping one alive. You don't want to see what happened to the basil....
I got in a Socks That Rock club shipment in July, but haven't blogged since then. I loves the colors and it actually came with two patterns this time (yay!) and sweetarts. Click the B&W to see the color pictures.
I've been knitting a pair of socks for my Jeff. So far 1 down, 1 to go. I might have to take a break from them to knit some STR club sock, but we'll see. I'm torn. I think maybe I'm not really in a sock mood right now, or maybe not even really in a knitting mood. I have a lot of junk in my head, but it could also just be that a month of 100* weather is enough to kill my mojo.
Still, I have also been knitting a wool hat, so maybe the heat isn't so bad. This is some lovely squishy delish Malabrigo worsted. I'm knitting a brioche hat with a pattern Jeff got in a class. I figure we paid for the class, and he hasn't used the pattern so I might as well. This is coming out a bit big, so it might be for Jeff as well.
I'm planning on grabbing some soaps and/or oils when the Happy Housewife site goes live. There's very limited stock though, so I'm not sure how successful I'll be. I have a short list of what I'd like to try and grab, and I'll let you know how it goes. Also planning on some BPAL purchases later in the month, when the Halloween update goes up.

Not much else news here. We're trying out this whole exercise thing we've been hearing about. It would be nice to be in better shape. We have pretty good eating habits, so I think this "moving around" might be the missing piece of the puzzle. No more gym memberships, since we haven't gone at all this year, so we're doing it the old fashioned way.

Hope you have a great weekend, and try to stay cool.

No comments: