Friday, February 20, 2009

Mr Sandman is a Lazy Bastard

I can't sleep tonight. I've fallen asleep a couple of times, but I keep waking up and ending up staring at the ceiling. Most of the time I'm not even thinking, just staring until I start thinking about how nice it would be to be sleeping. I know part of the problem is the baby loves to start rolling around and bouncing/kicking/whatever in the middle of the night.

This has been happening a lot lately. I go to bed between 9 and 10 pm so that I can get a good 8 hours before waking for work, and when I'm crawling into bed I'm yawning, tired and completely ready for sleep. Then I lay in bed for upwards of 30 minutes before I can fall asleep. Typically I wake up around midnight for a potty trip, then I spend another 30 min waiting to sleep again. Then around 2 I wake up again for no particular reason (or because I'm getting beaten from the inside), get a drink of water and crawl back to bed. If I'm very lucky I can then sleep through until almost 6. I was prepared to lose some sleep after the baby was born, but I don't think anyone mentioned having sleep problems for 5 months before he ever made his appearance. If they did I must have blocked it out.

The yawns have started to come back, and my belly is still, so I think I'm going to carefully creep back into bed.

No comments: